Thursday, January 15, 2009

Landyn's story part 3


The end of June came quickly. My shower was going to be held in Michigan at the end of the month. I was so excited to see my friends and family. It was the first time going back since we moved to Vegas. I was having pain the week before we were supposed to leave in my stomach. I was sent to my high risk doctor for testing. They did a lot of tests. One of the tests was to see if I would be going into labor in a week. The test came back positive four hours before Jeff and I were supposed to get on the plane. He was working and I got a call from my doctor to head to the high risk doctor immediately. Jeff's phone was off and I couldn't get a hold of him. I was so nervous. I cried the whole way to the doctors office. Once I was there they did more testing and I was monitored for an hour. The other moms being monitored were so comforting and loving. They held my hand as I sat there crying on the monitoring chair, which was in a room with other moms being monitored. I asked the nurse if I could still go to Michigan she said she would not advise it and probably not. There were two doctors in the office that day and they both came over and checked me. Both of them said that the test is not always correct and my monitoring that day were going well. They gave me the ok to go home as long as i got a shot I needed in Michigan. My mom's friends husbands are doctors and knew that they could help me out. I was so excited to go home. Jeff played super husband carrying all the luggage, so I wouldn't danger myself or the baby. The trip went great. I got my shot and returned to Vegas shortly. My regular doctor after the trip and monitoring did end up putting me on bed rest at the beginning of July. Bed rest was spent mostly by sitting on the pool steps reading my book. I got a great tan that summer and lots of reading done. After being put on bed rest, July went good and me and baby were healthy. August came and we had a labor scare. I started having regular contractions and me and Jeff headed to the Children's Hospital. I was put on monitors and an IV and lots of pills. The pills were used to stop my labor for a few weeks. I was sent home after being told to go on strict bed rest and to drink lots of water and continue to take my pills.

0 comments: