Friday, January 16, 2009

Landyn's story final chapter






September came fast and I knew Landyn would be born early, because my pills to stop my labor had run out. Jeff's sister Kelly and fiance Matt were coming into town September 6. The first night they were in town we did lots of sightseeing and walked around the Hoover Dam. That night the contractions were awful. It was all back pain and kept me up pretty much the whole night. The next day was Friday and Jeff worked all day long. I was at home doing my normal routine, laying out by the pool. As I was laying out I noticed my ankles and legs were swelling up. They were huge. I know it's common during pregnancy to swell, but I hadn't until this particular morning. Jeff came home around his normal time 3 p.m. and he suggested we call the doctor. The doctor knowing I was high risk told me to go to the hospital immediately. Everyone thought I would be sent home immediately and it wasn't necessary to go to the hospital. HMMM, little did they know.

I grabbed my bags and headed to the Children's hospital to labor and delivery. When I walked in I told them what was going on and they said to wait in the waiting room until called. I sat there for almost an hour and half before getting seen. Finally, I had to tell Jeff to ask them when they would see me, because I was in severe pain. They hooked me to the monitors and checked to see how dilated I was. 4 1/2 cm was the verdict and I was admitted to the hospital. We were going to have a baby! YAY! I was so nervous and excited. I had always wanted family to be there and was blessed for Jeff's sister Kelly to witness the birth after previously witnessing her sister's Kristine's. Kelly has witnessed all my nieces and son's births. The labor actually went very well. It was painful at times to say the least, but after the epidural I was feeling good. Jeff, his friend Mike, Kelly, and Matt kept me busy while waiting. I had the best nurses ever since the doctor was my normal doctor who I didn't particularly like. I wish my high risk doctor could have delivered, but oh well.

Landyn was born with only a half hour of pushing at 5:07 a.m. on September 7, 2007 weighing 6lbs. 1 oz. 18 inches of perfection. Jeff and I knew that he was going to be special, but it was beyond that. Landyn changed mine and Jeff's life. He is the biggest blessing to our family. He is so smart and funny and I cannot wait to see the things he will accomplish. We love you Landyn Lane Alongi!

1 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Aww--he's so little and cute! Were you at Sunrise Hospital? Did you know Matt's middle name is Layne? Sorry we didn't get ahold of each other tonight. I tried to call you back a couple times. Talk to you soon!