
I will never forget the first doctors appointment. I was so nervous. It was my first doctors appointment since moving out of state. My first time at a different doctor since I was ten. Jeff was so supportive holding my hand the whole time. I will never forget our first glimpse at our son. A tiny dot on a screen, yet the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. At that point, I was ready for a baby to be born. Unfortunately, I still had nine long months to go. When I mean long I mean really really really really long.
The first couple of months of my pregnancy went awesome. I was completely on track taking my pills and gaining just the right amount of weight. I thought I was one of the lucky ones by three months, because I still hadn't had any morning sickness. Then, one day it started. From that day it lasted a couple of months. It wasn't just morning sickness though. It was all day. It was awful, I couldn't keep anything down. Especially anything healthy. Than the cravings started. Jeff being such a good husband catered to those cravings knowing they made me happy. I'm pretty sure we lived on pizza for the last six months. I did crave one thing healthy, peaches. I loved peaches. I still don't know how I only gained 25 lbs. I feel like I should have gained 50 by how much I was consuming. Even though the sickness was awful, I still somehow managed to stay on track gaining just the right amount. Everything was still going great.
At five months we learned that we were having a boy. Awesome. That's what I secretly wanted even though I said I just want a healthy baby. Also, the only name that Jeff and I agreed on was our little boy name Landyn. The name was decided and official the day we found out we were having a boy. His mom had suggested using my maiden name for the middle name so he would never forget his mother's maiden name. Landyn Lane Alongi. Everyone loved it and at that point I was ready to meet my little Landyn who would bring so much love and joy into not only my life, but the lives of everyone he meets.
Around six months we had a couple of scares. From the beginning, we knew that I had a short cervix. However, around six months it got worse. I was sent to the high risk Doctor once a month and my regular Doctor began seeing me every week. I was a regular in the office. The girls in the office soon became my good friends. The high risk doctor was amazing. He did such a good job taking care of me. One day we learned that Landyn had a spot on his heart. They monitored it weekly and eventually it went away. I was relieved.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Landyn's story part 2
Posted by The Alongi's at 2:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love reading this story. There's so much that I don't know of your life before we met!
Post a Comment