Monday, April 26, 2010

Zion National Park




















Sunday morning we decided last minute to take a day trip to Utah to visit Zion National Park. It was the last day of free National Park week, so we decided to take advantage of the no admission fee. It's about a 3 hour drive and luckily the kids slept pretty much both ways. Jeff and I really enjoy hiking, so it was nice for us to do something we love with the kids. Zion was absolutely beautiful! We did LOTS of hiking! Poor Jeff, he had Lilly on his back in her carrier the whole day. Landyn was a trooper and walked most of it, but Jeff did have to put him on his shoulders when I would start to freak out when we were on the cliffs! SCARY! I pretty much had the death grip on his hand the whole time we climbed the mountains. We saw lots of deer and turkey, Landyn thought the deer were dogs.. hahaha At Zion you can't take your car into the park, they have a shuttle system that runs through the park, we weren't sure how this was going to work out with two kids. It actually worked out GREAT, and i'm sure Jeff enjoyed looking at all the scenery instead of driving. Landyn loved the bus and every time he saw it when we were on the mountain he would say, "Yay the bus is here! " (poor kid, he was sooo tired after all that walking) Overall, it was a really fun day! I hope we have lots more of these kinds of days to come! :)

1 comments:

Em and Ms said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time. I never knew before that you guys liked hiking. We'll definitely have to go together sometime soon.