It all started earlier this week when Landyn told us he wanted to wear his Thomas the Train underwear from grandma. I agreed to it thinking I would have to clean up at least one accident, and than put his diaper back on. I kept waiting for him to go somewhere other than the toilet. Than he came to me and said, "Mommy yay! I went pee in the toilet." Of course I needed proof and immediately ran to the bathroom to discover that he did indeed go on the potty. That's when I decided that it was time to start potty training. I've asked others for tips, you know all the secrets of potty training. I got lots of little tricks to get kids to go potty. I'm sure every kid is different, but I truly believe that when they are ready it will come a lot EASIER. Landyn decided on his own that he was done wearing diapers and hasn't looked back since. Jeff and I both agreed that if he started having accidents, that he was in the learning stages and we wouldn't resort back to diapers, but to be strong, remind him where he goes, and clean it up. Landyn had never pooped on the potty before, he has peed occasionally on his terms, but never has he pooped on the potty. Both of us were curious to see what he would do when he had to go with underwear on. Then we saw where he was going, THE GRASS! Yep, you read that right. The GRASS! haha I think he thought that because Corgie goes on the grass that is where he had to go as well. After a couple days of him pooping on the grass he finally started going on the potty. He still has trouble sometimes, but for the most part he's got the hang of it! I couldn't be prouder of how big he is getting and what he's accomplishing! We love you Landyn!!! :)
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Potty Time
Posted by The Alongi's at 2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment