Saturday, April 24, 2010

Big Boy Bed


It has truly been a HUGE week for Landyn! First, potty training and now no more crib. We had a toddler bed for awhile and debated when to take down his crib. Landyn only climbed out of his crib twice and fell both times. After that, he never again attempted to get out. However, his way of telling us he didn't want to go to bed was worse than him getting out. Landyn makes himself throw up. I have never heard of a kid doing this before and was really worried. I asked his doctor about it and he told me it was normal and a control issue. When I asked him how to conquer this disgusting habit, he told me to leave him in this throw up and let him cry. YUCK! I'm sorry, I couldn't do that!
Landyn usually is a REALLY GOOD sleeper. He sleeps till usually 9 or 10 in the morning and we weren't sure if he would sleep that good in a bed. Finally, it came the day that Jeff and I were so sick and tired of cleaning up throw up at bed time that we took down his crib and put in the toddler bed. The first night he got up twice, but fell right asleep after that and slept till 10. Good start we thought! The second night he never got out of bed and slept till 10. Really good start! The third night he got up once and slept till 9. Pretty good! Were still working on bedtime with the big boy bed, but for now no more throw up! Thank goodness! We hope that habit doesn't return!

0 comments: