Friday, August 14, 2009

A long couple of days...

Well just like Landyn, Lilly with two l's.. everyone seems to be only putting one when talking about her. They should know that I like the uncommon versions of names therefore there are going to be two l's in her name. Anyways, just like her brother she thought she would try to enter this world before it was time. The doctors put an end to that REAL FAST! I went to my regular o/b appt. yesterday and they did a fetal fibronectin to check for pre mature labor since I have a history of it, and checked to see if I was dialated at all. Sure enouph, I was already at a 3. She sent me immediatly to the hospital from her office. While I was in the hospital they monitored contractions and upped my medication for them. Also, I was given the first part of the steroid shots, and even though im supposed to already be on bed rest they made it very clear that I was to only get up to use the bathroom. I know its the best for the baby and I, but seriously how do you do that with a two year old and a husband who works full time? Honestly, its not realistic, especially with no family here to help out. I'll do the best I can, but we all know how active our little Lando is. Today when i woke up I was having really bad hot flashes, and I couldn't move my arms or wrists at all. I called all my doctors and all of them told me to go back to the hospital. Since I had to go back to the hospital anyways today for the second part of my steroid shots they checked me out and realized that it was my contraction medication that was giving me the weird side effects of my arms stiffining up. I guess its really uncommon, but it is possible for some woman to feel like that after taking it. They took me off of it for now until I go back to the doctor this week to try another medication. Hopefully, She and I can continue to hold on for a little bit longer. Thanks to all the prayers and support from our family and all my friends who have helped me out here. I don't know what I would have done without you.

0 comments: