Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What would you do if you won the lottery...

Last night while laying on the couch feeling helpless for myself I was watching How the lottery changed my life on TLC. One particular story caught my attention and made me stop to think. There was a family who had a four year old son who had died of cancer. Four months later they won four million dollars. The mother immediatly knew how she was going to spend her fortune. You might be guessing big house, new fancy cars, spa treatments? Nope! She was going to start a foundation in the name of her son and give money to people who needed help in the fight against pediatric cancer. Of coarse I was balling the whole time. What an amazing family. Every morning when I wake up I pray for patience with Landyn for the day, and to be the person that God wants me to be. I pray that everyone will have the same heart as that family that won and realize what really matters in life. When I first became pregnant with baby #2 people were concerned because we are in a recession. Is this the right time to have a baby? What about financial responsibilities and what ifs? I'm glad that I listened to nobody but myself. Money is not what matters! Family, health, love, that's what really matters. This baby is going to be a blessing to our family and I cannot wait to meet its tiny spirit. I know my children are going to have a positive impact on this world and I cannot wait to see the people they become. Today stop to think about all you have in life. I know I have so much to be thankful for. :)

0 comments: